Wednesday, June 8, 2011

#232: KEYS!

I drove down to Richmond last night, so J and I could go sign our lease this morning. I didn't want to attempt to get up early and potentially fail, making me late to work. So after work, I got on the road.

This morning, we got up early and got dressed and ate breakfast. Unfortunately, neither of us felt very well. J was in worse shape than I was. I'm not sure what it was, but it was not fun. I'll spare you the details.

So we get to the office of our apartment complex, and our leasing agent tells us she doesn't even have our lease typed up yet. No biggie, we were ten minutes early anyway, so we just sit and wait. About fifteen minutes after our apartment time, she brings us a few papers to read and sign while she works on the rest. After all the papers were signed (except for the one we sign after the inspection), we headed over to our actual unit.

We met some new friends in our apartment. Namely, a dead roach, a spider with a huge web and four egg sacs AND a huge HUGE HUGE bug. I didn't venture in the bathroom to check that one out, but the view I got from the bedroom across the hallway (J's office), I still got the heebie jeebies. Blech. gross. disgusting.

Marie (our leasing agent) handed us our keys (after taking our money, of course) and now the place is ours! It still hasn't sunk in yet. The whole getting married in seventeen days thing hasn't sunk in yet either. But I am on cloud nine.

Move in day is set for tomorrow. It's supposed to 105 degrees outside. Please pray for us (totally not joking). J stocked our fridge with water today, and we're planning on getting pizza to feed everybody helping us, but I'm hoping and praying no one passes out from the heat!

 New keys on the key ring! The red one is our pool pass.
Our apartment key is almost identical to our current house keys (my parent's and the M hive!)

1 comment:

  1. yay for keys! I will be praying that all goes well for moving. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete