Friday, June 3, 2011

#228: Licensed to Wed!

The state of Virginia is actually letting us get married!

J and I headed to the courthouse bright and early (ok, not that early) to get our marriage license! After stopping for some grub at Starbucks, finding parking at the courthouse, giving up our iPhones, going through the metal detector (and THEN removing my belt) and stopping at the information desk, we made it! We gave the lady at the counter all our information and voila, we had a form. Then we had to go down to the window that the notary sat at. She had us raise our right hands and say "I do" after a bunch of stuff. I think it was important. Like, "do you understand that you're getting married?" or something like that.

It felt weird to say "I do" though! I had butterflies in my stomach and I'm sure a huge perma-grin on my face. This is for real! Can't wait for the REAL "I do" part!

No comments:

Post a Comment