Sunday, October 31, 2010

#14: Bridezilla

On any given Sunday at 9pm, you can find me in my pjs watching Bridezillas. It is hands down, my favorite show! I usually watch it in disbelief, but I like to tell J and my parents that I watch it for tips ;)

I do agree with all of these nutty brides, a wedding is about the bride....to an extent. A wedding also includes um...the groom. And of course, I think it's also about two families becoming one.

"Look at me, because it's about me" is what the bride from tonight's show just said. I don't even know how they have friends to pick for their bridal party! Most of the brides on the show have what I would call "revolving bridesmaids." They kick bridesmaids out of their wedding left and right and sometimes pull random people in to fill the gaps. I'll tell you, I picked my bridesmaids because I love them, not because I wanted six gorgeous servants (more on my amazing girls in later posts). These girls have been with me through thick and thin, one of them for my whole life, one of them for her whole life, and three of them for 12+ years, and the sixth for over four years :)) That's a lot of combined years!

All bridesmaids have duties, but they're not very extensive and usually don't extend far past the actual wedding day. Buy a dress and shoes, throw a shower, occasionally help with a project, and be there to lend an ear if I need to talk or vent. Sounds pretty simple to me. Bridezillas tend to think bridesmaids duties also include: personal lip gloss applier, housekeeper, general overall servant, water bottle babysitter and/or dog-sitter. I understand that everybody has their own lives and I intend to respect that.

Do any of you watch Bridezillas (it's ok,no one here will judge you!)? Do you know a Bridzilla? Have you been in a wedding of a Bridezilla? share your stories!

Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment