Sunday, October 24, 2010

#7: Back to Reality

My patients always ask me how my weekend was when they come in on Mondays. My response? "Too short, like always!" They usually wholeheartedly agree with me and thus begins a passionate discussion about how Friday should be included in the weekend, and four day workweeks are the way to go.

My weekend in Rich City with J was amazing. Like I mentioned last night, we saw The Social Network. On our way back to the house he lives at (Love the Bees :)), we stopped and picked up Date Night from a Redbox. Tina Fey and Steve Carrell were absolutely hilarious! At the heart of the movie, though, was an all-too-true sentiment with the couple that they had gotten boring as they had gotten older. The kids, the jobs, the keeping up with everything, had just left them boring as a couple. I'm sure every married couple has felt like that at some point. And with J and I approaching the 3.5 year mark next month, even we've been through that kind of feeling.

Living 1.5 hour away from each other, and having limited privacy at both our houses when J is home, we tend to do the same things every time we see each other. We like the familiar, comfy routine, and recently we've been lucky to throw in fun nights out. Last month, I had a birthday party at a bar in Arlington. J and I had SO much fun that night with all our friends, and I think it's nights like that that help out the monotony in our routines. Living in Rich City, J has taken me to some amazing restaurants that his friends have told him about or taken him to. I think it's going to be amazing to explore the city when I finally move there.


This morning, we went to church. We recently switched churches, from one in Midlothian to one in the city. Redemption Hill Church meets in the gym of an elementary school. Even though today was only the second time I've been there, I already feel like it's home. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming, and I've met so many new people. Today, J introduced me to some people in our community group. It's a bunch of college students and young married couples, including two of our groomsmen and their significant others. I can't wait to actually attend a community group meeting! J has really been setting the foundation, so when I move there, I will already have a built-in support system of godly women and hopefully really close friends.

Well, I've had a long weekend, and now I'm off to read before bed. This next week's posts will include the cake (!) and flowers! Stay tuned!

Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment