Monday, October 18, 2010

#1: Welcome!

I've always hated meeting new people. At church, our worship leader likes to give a us a few minutes to "greet those around you." My family and friends know I hate this part. But making new friends? LOVE that part. So I'll skip the cheesy introduction and just dive right into the good stuff: wedding planning!

My goal for this blog is to do one post a day for the next 250 days until our June 25, 2011 wedding. Now we'll see if I can actually keep this up!

Let's start with all the basics for a wedding: venue, photographer, dress, shoes (just as important as the dress), oh and yes, the groom. Gotta have the groom!

I'll start with the most important: the shoes. Just kidding! Let's start with the groom :) J and I met almost 4 years in December of 2006. I don't actually remember meeting him but I do remember the first time we hung out. It was my best friend's birthday and she had invited a friend and I to do dinner and a trip to Old Town Alexandria. I invited J to come along with us, and let's just say the rest is history! He is my best friend, my sounding board, a goofball, my confidant and the most selfless person I have ever had the honor to know. He serves me in ways he doesn't even realize and I am so blessed to be marrying him. We've been through a lot in the last 4 years, but each time we hit a trial or a snag, we've grown closer together and I think that's the way it should be.

I don't want to overwhelm you with the first post, so I'll just give you an overview of the rest of list, and I'll expand on them in later posts.

Venue: Old Hickory Golf Club in Woodbridge, VA
Photographer: Peter and Sarah Davis
Dress: David's Bridal
Shoes: DSW

Til tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment