Friday, October 29, 2010

#12: Young Blog Love

I'll be honest. I almost forgot to post again today.  So here goes another late night one for ya:

A couple nights ago, I was googling (as I often do) a project I wanted to do for the wedding. And not only did I find several great pictures of how to do it, I also came across my new favorite blog.  Let me introduce you to John and Sherry Petersik of younghouselove.com.  John and Sherry started this blog about three years ago after they bought their first house.  They have chronicled every project they've ever done on this house, and let me tell you, it's A LOT of projects.  They are budget-conscious, never buying something until they've saved up the whole amount.  What started out as a blog to update their friends and family on their daily happenings has turned into a full-time job for BOTH of them! They have a gorgeous baby, Clara, and an adorable little chihuahua, Burger.  They've been on numerous TV shows and in quite a few magazines and currently write a DIY column in Better Homes and Garden's Do It Yourself magazine. 

Oh, and did I happen to mention that they held their wedding in their own backyard?! I'm in love, I tell you. L-O-V-E.

What I've found that I love most about the Petersiks is their design style.  I drool over about 95% of the things that they have posted.  They're all for clean lines and neutral wall colors, with lots of accents and accessories.  They do it all without it looking cluttered (which J and I are all for!).

So instead of reading me go on and on about these people I have never met, but who just HAPPEN to live in Rich city, go check out their blog for yourself!  I'm sure I will refer to their blog more than once over the next 240 days :)

Let me know what you think! What's your design preference? Are you like me and J? Or do you prefer furniture with more embellishments or bright wall colors?

1 comment: