Wednesday, October 20, 2010

#3: Pick chas

I think there should always be top-priority things when planning a wedding. For us, we wanted good food, good music and an awesome photographer. Our venue is providing good food (we hope! our tasting is October 30th). We're providing the good music (even though my definition of "good" and J's are just a tad different). But the photographer took a little bit of time to find.

I have several friends who are amazing photographers (see previous post about the fabulous Jewel Peach), but all those friends are going to be guests at our wedding. And we want them to be just that,
guests. I began our search fairly soon after we got engaged. I emailed one photographer whose work I love, and I'll leave them nameless, because I wasn't impressed. I have yet to hear back from them.

After being bummed at the lack of communication from my #1 pick, I was talking to my mom one night when she suggested I look into a friend's wedding photographer. This friend of mine actually got married on New Years Eve, the night we got engaged, and my parents were at the wedding. My mom said the photographers were fun and unobtrusive, which is a must at a wedding! I looked through my friend's photos (thoroughly impressed) and got the information of the photographer.

And this is the story of how we met Peter Davis, of Peter and Sarah Davis Photography. I contacted Peter via their website and he responded within 24 hours...pretty impressive. If you know me, you know how I like timeliness. After a 15 minute phone conversation with Peter, I knew we had found our wedding photographer. We booked him without even meeting him in person!

What I love about Peter and Sarah is that they are very family and community oriented. They have 3 beautiful (and I mean, bee-you-ti-full) children and a passion for helping others. They have a partnership with The Unembraced, which is an organization that supports orphans in Lodwar, Kenya. Peter and Sarah donate a portion of each wedding package to help this cause. How can you not love that? Awesome pictures and helping children! Peter is also a high school teacher in Charlottesville. Can you say
busy?

All I know is that J and I are SOOOO excited to work with Peter and Sarah, and I'm pretty sure they're just as excited, because Peter's asked me to move up the wedding a couple times :) Check out their website, and get excited with us!

PS: Get even more excited, because we'll be having a photo booth! :))

Side note on my side note from yesterday: got an e-mail that my boots have shipped! so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Was that Jill's wedding on New Year's Eve? :)
    love the blog! :) (Diane B)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete